Sunday, July 30, 2006

Camel Ride

Some time ago I promised Abby that she could ride a camel someday. I wasn't exactly certain where or when, but I figured we could make it happen!!

Well, we took a roadtrip to Des Moines, IA this weekend to attend a wedding and today went to the zoo in Des Moines. And lucky us -- camel rides for $4!!!!!

This is Abby crying and attempting to run away from Coco. We'd already paid $8 for the ride and I was determined to ride that camel (It was 100 degrees and I was hungry and thirsty and grumpy!)


Will suggested we go see some other animals and try again later. It wasn't very long before Abby announced she was ready to ride the camel!! We went back and she bravely rode the camel! It was very bouncy and a camel's hump is not exactly comfortable!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment