Thursday, August 03, 2006

Chapter Books

Abby loves "chapter books." It all started with Alice's Adventures in Wonderland -- Abby was fascinated by the caterpillar sitting on the top of the mushrooms smoking the hookah! Then we moved on to Wind in the Willows. I started reading Huckleberry Finn to Abby, but Noni and I agreed our then two-year-old was not ready for it -- although Abby was enjoying it!

Noni sent the Boxcar Children and Grandma recommended the Little House on the Prairie Series (we're currently on book two). Lisa found more Boxcar Children books at a garage sale and we'll start the third one next. Yesterday at the library we checked out Ramona the Brave and the Wizard of Oz. Abby wants to read them all at once, but I've imposed the "only two chapter books at a time" rule. We are currently reading Little House on the Prairie and Ramona the Brave.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment