Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day Weekend

Will planned a wonderful getaway for us over Mother's Day weekend. We spent the weekend in St. Paul and Minneapolis. I didn't know where we were going until we got into the car and started to drive. There were eight envelopes in the glove box and I got to open one at a time as the weekend unfolded!

The eight "Mother's Day Activities" included:

* Dinner at an Indian restaurant (we really miss good Indian food)

* A performance of Champions on Ice (I really love ice skating)

* Marriott room service(Abby and I love staying in hotels and ordering room service)!!!!!!

* The Minneapolis Institute of the Arts (Abby is drawing my portrait in the photo below)

Abby made a woodblock print Buddhist prayer flag with a Tibetan monk.



* The Science Museum of Minnesota and an Imax movie about Australia.

Abby enjoyed "suspending" the ping pong balls above the current of air.


At the end of the day on Sunday, Abby said, "Mommy, even though I'm not a mother, Mother's Day was still my day too!"
Will laughed and said, "Abby, every day is your day!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment