Friday, January 23, 2009

Night Time Rituals

Abby's nights go something like this:

A story from Will (Anty and Zep) or me (Queen Angelina and Beowolf) or a chapter book. Will's been reading the Chronicles of Narnia to Abby recently, so I've been enjoying some time off.


Lights out and music or stories on -- currently Abby is enjoying Tales From Cultures Far and Near by Jim Weiss (a gift from her godparents Josh and Molly). We blame Noni and Granddad for this perfectly horrendous CD player that Abby loves. It was a gift at her princess-themed fifth birthday party.

She has two nightlights -- both chosen by her. In perfect Abby style, she picked out a cowboy nightlight and a princess nightlight.



And before I go to bed, I go check on her, making certain that she is all snuggled under layers of blankets. It seems like she should be cold, but like her father, she's almost always toasty warm (and sometimes a little sweaty)!

1 comment:

  1. Aida and I read the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe when she was about Abby's age.

    We started Harry Potter when Aida was in Kindergarten, but she just didn't get into it. Shen she was towards the end of 2nd grade we tried again and it was our most fun reading experience. We both became HUGE fans. We literally both had tears in our eyes when we finished the 7th book. I think we will do the whole thing again when Pablo is a bit older.

    ReplyDelete

Comment