A GREAT Speech!
How do we even begin to express our joy with this man? Sean Penn called him "elegant." He's elegant, intelligent, humane and OUR PRESIDENT! Thank God!
When President Obama walked into the House chamber Abby chirped, "Oh, I LOVE his tie!" Will and I loved his speech. And we loved watching it with Abby who was interested the entire time and asked really good questions! I pointed out Senator Durbin who cradled Abby in his arms five years ago. I pointed out some of the Republicans I enjoyed working with -- Senators Hatch, Specter, and Brownback. Abby smiled and said, "We all have the same heart and same bones." I bit my tongue and didn't correct her -- perhaps because President Obama makes me believe that anything is possible! : )
And we loved Ty'Sheoma Bethea -- an eighth grader at J.V. Martin Junior High School in Dillon, South Carolina. What a great moment for her and what a great testimony to the power of letter writing! Have you written to your elected officials recently? Will and I just did on Sunday!

I know! The amazing thing is that more than 90% of Americans liked the speech. Yes we can!
ReplyDeleteAnd may I add that I am very impressed that Abby was held by Dick Durbin. Great Senator.