Our Second Visit with Daniel
We had a great afternoon at Eastern Social Welfare Society today. We had a meeting with Mrs. Kim, the President of the agency. She gave Abby a gift and shared with us her take on the history of Korean adoptions.
We then had lunch at the agency and had the opportunity to talk with other families -- two American and one Australian -- who are adopting. Our lunch was bibimbap -- a mixture of rice, veggies and beef. (Let's just say Korea has been pretty hard on this vegetarian!!)
And then we got to visit with Daniel again. Mrs. Lee and our social worker gave us some time alone with the baby. He did great and even smiled and laughed!
Looking at Daniel, Abby said, "I think I could just push him into my heart!"
Daniel sneezed and when I said "ah-choo," he laughed. So of course we all kept saying "ah-choo" over and over again to get his attention!Mrs. Lee's youngest daughter sent a gift and wonderful note along for Abby. Abby loved the gift because if consisted mostly of Korean sweet treats!


I was able to ask Mrs. Lee questions about her family and the picture book she gave us of Daniel's time living with them. This is a picture of her with us. Daniel has lived with her and her family since he was two months old. We are all laughing because our social worker said, "Say kimchi!" Kimchi is a staple in Korea and is pickled vegebles.
I love this picture below with Daniel on Mrs. Lee's back. He was wearing the hat when we first saw him this afternoon. She is carrying him the traditional Korean way.



I can not tell you how much I am enjoying all your photos and writings about your time in Korea. very moving stuff.
ReplyDeleteYour wonderful, exciting experience is both wonderful and exciting for me! Thank you so much for sharing. You all look terrific, and we are anxious to have you home again. love, Carol, David, and Heather
ReplyDelete