Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Champagne

Abby loves stories. Each night before she says her prayers, I tell her a story. She chooses which animals she wants in the story and then I begin making up the story. Some stories turn out better than others, but my favorites are those that Abby helps create. Monday night's story was about a gray whale and a dolphin. A ways into the story, Abby asked me to add in a killer whale and a shark, so I did.

But this obviously presented a problem for the dolphin who immediately became a tasty treat temptation for the killer whale and shark. But luckily, Abby provided the solution!

"I know Mommy! There is something terrible and dangerous for the killer whale and shark. It will protect the dolphin!" I asked Abby what this terribly dangerous thing was and Abby replied, "Champagne! Terrible champagne!"

That got a laugh out of me, but I tried to disguise it with a cough. Abby is very serious about the new plot twists she comes up with and I'd hate to discourage her creativity. Abby sensed my amusement though, because she said, "Mommy, you know the champagne is only make believe!"

Abby went on to explain how the dolphin could protect herself. All she had to do was get a ladder, call a lion fish ("that's a lion that can swim, Mommy") and have the lion fish climb the ladder and poor the champagne on the shark and killer whale.

Well, as you can imagine, the dolphin was saved!! But unfortunately for the shark and killer whale they were killed. According to Abby, "Only their bones were left and the bones just flowed away!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment