Treasure Island
I started reading Treasure Island the other night and the next morning told Abby a little about the story. She insisted that I read it to her. I told her I thought she might be spooked, but she assured me that pirates aren't real and she'd be fine.
So we've been reading it and she loves it! She told me tonight that Long John Silver is "sneaky!" Tonight, as I began reading Chapter 21 "The Attack," she moved a little closer to me and covered her eyes. I asked her if she'd like me to stop reading, but she quickly said, "I'm not scared. This book just keeps getting better and better! Keep reading!"
Each time I finished reading a chapter, I sat the book down. Abby promptly picked the book back up and pushed it toward me with an irresistible face!
Because I made her pose the above photo for me (and you) she insisted on turning the camera on me. She took this picture (and several others) as I read to her! We viewed the pictures and I told her she was a good photographer. She replied, "I know. I'm going to be an animal photographer when I grow up."