$362.24
At the end of each day, Will gives Abby the change from his pockets and she puts it in an orange basset hound bank that I had when I was a little girl. Grandpa Engelhardt also likes to give Abby change. The other night she tried to put some change in it, but it was full to the top, so we took the money out and went to the bank. We put the money in the change machine and watched as the counter tallied the coins. I was shocked to see the final figure -- $362.24!!!
We deposited most of the money in Abby's savings account, but she got to use some of it to pick out a toy at the mall. She chose a fuzzy white kitten and a purple outfit for it.
And she sent some of the money to the World Wildlife Fund http://www.worldwildlife.org/) to help protect a walrus! Not bad for a bunch of spare change!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment