American History Lesson from Abby
Yesterday Abby and I were looking at a picture of the Washington Monument. Abby said, "Mommy, what's the other one with the big guy?" I responded, "You mean the one where you walk up and the big guy is sitting in the chair?" She nodded. I told her it is the Lincoln Memorial and said that President Lincoln was a President of the United States.
Abby asked me what he did. I told her that he helped end slavery. She nodded again and said, "Yeah, but Mommy, what else did he do?" I had to think about that one, and before I came up with anything, Abby told me, "He helped end the war Mommy!"
I looked at her in surprise and said, "Yes he did Abby. How did you know that?"
She looked at me surprised and said, "I don't know Mommy!" And then she burst out laughing -- as did I!!!!
When I told Will the story last night, he said that the only time he'd talked to Abby about Lincoln was when we were last at the Lincoln Memorial in March!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment