Monday, September 11, 2006

Gun Shooter House

Abby built this out of Lincoln Logs. I told her how much I loved the house she built. She told me that it was not a house, but rather a "gun shooter house." I said, "Oh, it has a gun?" She said yes "The gun is on top and it is a gun shooter house to shoot animals." I asked her why she was shooting animals and she replied, "to get meat for Daddy." Will later told me that she had shared the same explanation with him, but went into further detail, explaining that it was bear she was shooting!

I was at first a little worried about the gun reference. She's been talking about guns recently and "marching off to war to fight battles." But I quickly realized where it all comes from -- she's been watching many cowboy shows with Grandpa, reading a lot of the Old Testament with Daddy, and reading the Laura Ingalls Wilder books with Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment